- Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express: 80,000 Honors bonus points after you spend $2,000 in first three months; no annual fee
- Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express 100,000 Honors bonus points after spending $3,000 in first 3 months and a free night on your Card Membership anniversary.
It’s been a good season for increased-sign up bonuses on many travel credit cards, and many of the offers have been the highest sign-up bonuses ever! Starting today until May 31, 2017, the Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express and Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express credit cards are offering record-high sign-up bonuses.
Comparing the Cards
The Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express earns 7x Honors points per dollar on Hilton purchases, 5x restaurants/supermarkets/gas stations in the US, and 3x on all other eligible purchases. Terms apply.
Cardmembers also get complimentary Honors Silver status. You can earn Gold status if you out $20,000 per year of eligible spend on the card.
The Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express card earns 12x Honors points per dollar on Hilton purchases, 6x at restaurants/supermarkets/gas stations in the US, and 3x on all other eligible purchases. Terms apply.
The $75 annual fee includes complimentary Honors Gold status in the Honors program (benefits include room upgrades, free breakfast or lounge access, and a 25% bonus on points earned during stays). You can earn Diamond status if you out $40,000 per year of eligible spend on the card.
You’ll also receive a free weekend night certificate following your first card member anniversary. Between the free night and the Gold status, the $75 fee pays for itself and more, in my opinion.
Using Hilton Points
Free nights start at 5,000 points. Additionally, beginning next month, you’ll be able to book stays with points and cash (on a sliding scale) and pool your points with family and friends of your choosing.
It’s also worth mentioning that Hilton Silver, Gold, or Diamond members receive the 5th award night free when booking 4-consecutive award nights.
What Does 100,000 Hilton Honors Points Get You?
- Conrad Maldives: If you really want to shoot for the stars, you can redeem 95,000 Hilton points for one night at the Conrad Maldives. I have heard nothing but phenomenal things about this property, and I wish I had a chance to stay here (I stayed at the Park Hyatt Maldives during my visit to the Maldives).
- New York City: With over 40 Hilton properties to choose from (including the DoubleTree in the heart of Times Square), there’s something for everyone.
- Hawaii: There are several Hilton properties in Hawaii, such as the Hilton Waikiki, a category 6 property, which redeems for as low as 30,000 points per night.
- If you really want to stretch your points, maybe a Category 1 property might make sense with your travel plans Category 1 properties redeem for 5,000 points a night, that’s 20 (!!) free nights.
Are you taking advantage of these card offers? What are some of your favorite properties to redeem your Hilton points at?