- Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express: 80,000 Honors bonus points after you spend $2,000 in first three months; no annual fee
- Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express 100,000 Honors bonus points after spending $3,000 in first 3 months and a free night on your Card Membership anniversary.
It’s been a good season for increased-sign up bonuses on many travel credit cards, and many of the offers have been the highest sign-up bonuses ever! Until May 31, 2017, the Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express and Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express credit cards are offering record-high sign-up bonuses.
Comparing the Cards
The Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express earns 7x Honors points per dollar on Hilton purchases, 5x restaurants/supermarkets/gas stations in the US, and 3x on all other eligible purchases. Terms apply.
Cardmembers also get complimentary Honors Silver status. You can earn Gold status if you out $20,000 per year of eligible spend on the card.
The Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express card earns 12x Honors points per dollar on Hilton purchases, 6x at restaurants/supermarkets/gas stations in the US, and 3x on all other eligible purchases. Terms apply.
The $75 annual fee includes complimentary Honors Gold status in the Honors program (benefits include room upgrades, free breakfast or lounge access, and a 25% bonus on points earned during stays). You can earn Diamond status if you out $40,000 per year of eligible spend on the card.
You’ll also receive a free weekend night certificate following your first card member anniversary. Between the free night and the Gold status, the $75 fee pays for itself and more, in my opinion.
Using Hilton Points
Free nights start at 5,000 points. Additionally, you can now book stays with points and cash (on a sliding scale) and pool your points with up to 10 family members and friends of your choosing, which could be especially useful if a bunch of your friends and family members also wanted to take advantage of the limited-time 80,000 – 100,000 point sign-up bonuses and combine points for a dream trip!
It’s also worth mentioning that Hilton Silver, Gold, or Diamond members receive the 5th award night free when booking 4-consecutive award nights.
What Does 100,000 Hilton Honors Points Get You?
- Conrad Maldives: If you really want to shoot for the stars, you can redeem 95,000 Hilton points for one night at the Conrad Maldives. I have heard nothing but phenomenal things about this property, and I wish I had a chance to stay here (I stayed at the Park Hyatt Maldives during my visit to the Maldives).
- New York City: With over 40 Hilton properties to choose from (including the DoubleTree in the heart of Times Square), there’s something for everyone.
- Hawaii: There are several Hilton properties in Hawaii, such as the Hilton Waikiki, a category 6 property, which redeems for as low as 30,000 points per night.
- If you really want to stretch your points, maybe a Category 1 property might make sense with your travel plans Category 1 properties redeem for 5,000 points a night, that’s 20 (!!) free nights.
Are you taking advantage of these card offers? What are some of your favorite properties to redeem your Hilton points at?