This morning, Delta and American Express launched a brand new no-annual fee credit card, Blue Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, that comes with a sign-up bonus of 10,000 SkyMiles after spending just $500 on the card in the first 3 months. This is currently the only co-branded Delta card that has absolutely no annual fee at all.
While there are other co-branded Delta cards with higher sign-up bonuses, this new product appeals to new travelers looking for ways to earn miles in their daily lives and offers.
With the new Blue Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, you can earn 10,000 bonus miles after spending $500 in purchases on the card within the first three months. Terms Apply. Rates & Fees.
Other key benefits of the card include:
- Earn 2 miles per dollar at US restaurants.
- Earn 2 miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
To celebrate the launch of the Blue Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, there’s also an opportunity to enter the Taste of Travel with #DeltaAmexBlue Contest. One winner and three friends can win the ultimate food-filled excursion to Nashville.
From delicious barbecue to hot chicken, this getaway will offer a winner and three guests:
- Roundtrip flights with Delta Air Lines
- Four night Airbnb stay (awarded in the form of a $2500 coupon code)
- Six dining experiences at select Nashville restaurants (up to $500 per meal)
- $400 worth of Lyft ride credits for the trip
- Away luggage pieces in blue for winner
You can learn more about the #DeltaAmexBlue contest here.
The 10,000 bonus miles sign-up bonus is not extraordinary by any means (worth about $100), but it’s a good way to add to your Delta SkyMiles balance (which never expire).
Although the target market for this new Delta card is for non-seasoned travelers like many readers of this blog, it can be a great card to get if you’ve already maxed out on the American Express “once-in-alifetime” bonuses on other co-branded Delta credit cards.
I personally love hanging on to American Express cards without annual fees (such as this one and the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express) because if the chance to add more Amex Offers to the card for even more money-making savings every year.
What are your thoughts about the new Blue Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express card?