Happy MDW everyone! I hope the weather is better for you guys, because here in NJ it’s colddd and dreary – no fun. Let’s catch up on some points, miles, and deals, shall we?
- Kohls Rolls Out a New Rewards Program: Earlier in the week, Giddy for Points mentioned that Kohls has announced a loyalty program of its own, Kohl’s Rewards, that’s available in some locations. Although it doesn’t seem to be available by me yet, this is pretty sweet news because I often find myself buying and reselling items from Kohls to rack up some Ultimate Rewards points (gotta love earning 10x-20x per dollar!), so any additional perks will certainly be appreciated. With Kohl’s Rewards, you’ll earn 1 point per dollar spent, and every 100 points will get you a $5 reward. You’ll also get a special birthday offer which I’m assuming would be Kohl’s cash or a gift certificate. You can check to see if Kohl’s Rewards is available in your area and register here.
- Improvements to the United MileagePlus Explorer Visa: Starting June 1, existing and new cardholders can enjoy a no-foreign transaction fee benefit when using the card abroad. I think this is an awesome improvement to the card. The United MileagePlus Explorer Visa is a great card to achieve lower-level elite perks such as first checked bag free, priority boarding, miles don’t expire, and two United Club passes annually. Additionally, you’ll receive primary rental car collision damage coverage when paying for rentals with this card. You can also earn 5,000 additional miles when you add an authorized user, and 10,000 more miles by spending $25,000 annually. The public offer comes with 30,000 miles, but Chase will sometimes match you to a higher sign-up bonus if one should become available within 90-days of approval (YMMV, but check out my post about my experience here).
- Check Your Junk Mail for Targeted Marriott Promotions: Every once in a while, I’ll receive an offer in the mail from Marriott. While I don’t really stay at Marriotts too often, sometimes the offers can be enticing when stackable with other current promotions (such as the current MegaBonus promotion). The other day, I received a pamphlet in the mail asking me to register for the SpringHill Suites Bonus – 5,000 bonus points after completing two stays at a SpringHills Suites by July 31. There seems to be similar targeted offers for Fairfield Inn & Suites and Courtyard hotels too. To check if you’re eligible, be on the lookout for a postcard in the mail or log into your Marriott Rewards account and check to see if an offer is available under your “Promotion Central” tab.
- $25 Off Hotel Booking of $100 or More with Expedia Mobile App: If you find yourself needing a last-minute hotel between now and May 31, you can receive $25 off a $100+ booking using the Expedia mobile app. Once you download the app, use code MOBILEMD25 to receive your discount. I have yet to use any hotel-booking mobile apps except one of my favorite apps – HotelTonight (related post), which also gives you $25 off your first hotel booking (no minimum spend).
- I have a 100,000 Membership Rewards points AmEx Platinum Code… I recently received another targeted offer in the mail containing a unique code for an American Express Business Platinum card with a 100,000 MR sign-up bonus. Since I already have the card, I’d be willing to pass the code along to someone else who might want to use it. Simply send me an email, and I’ll get the code over to you. Note: The code disappeared within 2 minutes of publishing the last post, so act quickly.
- Potentially $35 of Free Uber Credit for New Members: Deals We Like and I are obsessed with Uber, so I’ll leave her sounding like the only broken record. :) Check out her post about how new members can receive up to $35 in free Uber credit with Gilt City.
- Visa Signature BOGO Summer Movie Tickets: From now through August 2, Visa Signature cardholders can take advantage of a “buy one, get one free” movie ticket promotion from Fandango. Tickets must be purchased and used on a Friday, and there is a limit of one purchase per card per 30 days (though if you have more than one Visa Signature card, you can essentially take advantage of this offer many times during the promotional period). Visa Signature cards include: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase British Airways, Chase Hyatt Card, Chase Marriott Rewards / Marriott Rewards Premier, Chase Southwest Plus, Bank of America Hawaiian Airlines, Citi AAdvantage Visa Signature, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve, Capital One Venture, Choice Privileges, United Mileage Plus, and Club Carlson cards.
Hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend! Can you think of any other deals to include in the round up?