What a fun and beautiful weekend down in Tampa at Frequent Traveler University! As always, I had a blast connecting with and meeting new people at the event. If you missed out, don’t worry – there’s another exciting event only 2 weekends away – the Chicago Seminars. Hope to see many of you there!
Lots is going on in the world of points, miles, and hotel promotions – here’s a quick round-up:
- You can “spin to win” daily until October 10 with SPG for some cool prizes. I won a Kate Spade tote on my first try!
- Via Loyalty Lobby, you can receive instant IHG Gold Status after completing one stay. You can sign up for this offer here.
- Speaking of IHG, there is a a reward-nights flash sale going on for today only at select hotels for stays between October 8 and November 8, 2013. With the sale, you can receive a discount of up to 75% off the points-rate. Unfortunately none of the participating properties meet my travel plans, but hopefully someone else can benefit!
- Earn $30 back on $150 American Express purchases (yes gift cards count).
- Today is the last day to earn up to 2,000 bonus miles when you make a purchase of $35 or more through the AAdvantage shopping portal. YMMV – some people have reported that dealing with the AAdvantage shopping portal is a pain, but I finally pulled the trigger and placed an order at Destination Maternity. We’ll see what happens.
- Today’s the last day to rack up your Q3 spend for 5x at Gas Stations, Theme Parks, and Kohls using your Chase Freedom Card. Additionally, don’t forget to activate your Q4 bonus categories (select department stores and Amazon; perfect for holiday shopping!).
- Hyatt Credit Card holders: check your junk mail for some targeted spend promotions – for the past two quarters in a row, I have received an offer of 5,000 bonus Hyatt points just by spending $3,000 on the card in 3 months.
Don’t forget to register for the fall hotel promotions:
- Register by November 15, 2013
- Stay between September 15, 2013 and January 15, 2014
- Earn a free night at a category 1-5 hotel, up to two free nights, for every second paid stay.
Starwood’s Take Two Fall Promotion: Registration is now open (you must register by October 31). As a quick recap, with this promotion, you’ll get double points on all stays, and 2,500 bonus points after every 5 nights (does not need to be consecutive), up to 10,000 points for stays between September 1 and December 15.
Hyatt’s Progressively More Bonus Points Promotion: Registration is required, will not open until September 9, and must be completed by October 31.
Hilton’s Q3 Triple Your Trip Promotion & Q4 More Nights, More Points Promotion: Triple Your Trip — Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights earn triple points from July 9 through September 30. Monday through Thursday stays earn double points. More Nights, More Points (registration not activated yet) – double points on stays of 2 nights, triple points on stays of 3 nights, and quadruple points on stays of 4 nights from October 10, 2013 until January 31, 2014.
Point Breaks: A new Priority Club PointBreaks list is out and rooms are ready to be booked at only 5,000 points a night – how could you resist? While I don’t have an immediate need for anything on this list, hopefully others can find a note that fits into your travel plans. The PointBreaks list is valid for stays up until October 31.