So excited for the holiday weekend – I am especially looking forward to Black Friday deals and Cyber Monday! I caught up on a ton of great deals today. Here’s what’s going on:
- Cheap EWR Parking: $4 per day parking at Newark Liberty Airport on Groupon is back, so stack up (available in 1, 3, 5, or 14 day vouchers). Here’s how to maximize an already-amazing deal: Use the TopCashBack shopping portal for 5% back on Groupon purchases and use Groupon promo code 5OFF15 for $5 off a purchase of $15 or more (exp: 1:59am EST on 11/26). For readers who are not near EWR, you can use the Groupon 5% rebate at TCB + the promo code for any other purchase that interests you.
- 25% off LivingSocial deals: Use code BLACKFRIDAY (expires 11/29). Max savings is $25.
- $75 Credit for New Uber Users: I LOVE Uber, on-demand car-service – it’s a travel app I always find myself using in big cities. New users can now get up to $75 in free credits and here’s how: 1. sign-up here (you and I will both get $10), 2. Once you download the app to your smartphone, enter promo code “OCHOLIDAYS” for an additional $50 in credit, 3. Sync Uber with your Paypal account for an additonal $15.
- Free Money at CVS: I had a field day at my local CVS yesterday stocking up on some household items with the PayPal prepaid debit card promo that’s going on until November 27. If you have an ExtraCare account, you can receive $50 in ExtraCare bucks when you load $150 onto a Paypal prepaid debit card. You can then use those ExtraCare bucks to go shopping in the store (yes, they are also stackable with other promotions). For the full scoop, check out a post by Million Mile Secrets for the complete deal breakdown.
- Small Business Saturday is coming up on November 30! Make sure you enroll all of your AmEx cards here to be able to receive $10 back on a $10 purchase.
- Positive changes to two of my favorite Chase cards: Chase Freedom® – $200 Bonus Cash Back now offers up to 20,000 Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $500 in the first 3 months (this is double the standard offer) and Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 40,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months, plus 5,000 extra points when you add an authorized user (new feature).
- Speaking of Chase Freedom®, the 2014 Q1 rotating 5x categories have just been announced. These bonus categories will include: Gas stations, department stores, and Starbucks. Remember that you must always activate your 5x point bonus every quarter in order to participate.
- 1,000 Mile Bonus with PointsHound: Make your first mobile booking with PointsHound on a smartphone or tablet from now through CyberMonday and earn an additional 1,000 points or miles with any one of their loyalty program partners.
- Starwood has announced their 2014 Q1 promotion. I personally don’t think it’s worth getting too excited over, but in summary, the Bring On The Nights promotion (which will run from January 5 – April 30, 2014) will allow SPG members to earn 2,500 bonus Starpoints for every five nights they stay during that period (up to 10,000 bonus Starpoints). Additionally, if you stay 25 nights during that time, you’ll earn an additional 5,000 points.
- Lots of Cyber Monday hotel deals are surfacing, but nothing quite tickles my fancy as much as this deal: On Cyber Monday (midnight ET), Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel, Philadelphia will sell business-class rooms for $19.26 a night (in honor of the hotel opening in 1926) for stays through the end of February. A two-night maximum stay applies. I can imagine these rooms selling out quickly!
- $10 Walmart e-gift card for Citi cardholders: Today only (Tuesday), you’ll earn a $10 eGift Card when you use your Citi card at checkout on eligible purchases of $100 or more at Walmart.com.
- Speaking of Citi, received this in my email (targeted?): Earn 2,500 HHonors Bonus Points on each stay when you use your Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Visa® card to pay for stays at any hotel or resort within the Hilton HHonors™ portfolio from November 25, 2013 to February 28, 2014. I recently downgraded my Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve card to the Citi HHonors Visa card to ax the annual fee.
- Don’t forget to “like” American Airlines on Facebook for a chance to win 25,000 AAdvantage miles.
Any other deals worth mentioning?