I love days like today. A day where I have more than 5 minutes to myself. To sit down, pour a glass of wine, and take care of all the points and miles business that’s been piling up in the back of my mind (wouldn’t it be nice if the FancyHands crew could read my mind, and even possibly clone me to tackle these things in a more timely manner?). Thanks Mom for keeping the little guy entertained today while I got back on track.
Here’s what I scratched off my list today…
- I liked a bunch of Marriott properties on Facebook in order to get free points. You should be doing this too.
- I tweeted a picture of my June Birchbox (which has been one of the best yet) for a chance to win a free JetBlue flight. What I like most about Birchbox is that I look forward to receiving travel-sized surprises in the mail each month (and I earn $1 in credit for full-sized products with each product review, bringing the cost down to like $4 a box).
- I made sure I didn’t forget about a great Hyatt promo I’ve registered for – a free category 1-4 night certificate after completing 2 stays by July 31, 2014 (were you targeted?). I already completed one, now this post serves as a mental reminder to book another night before the promotion period ends.
- On the topic of Hyatt free night certificates, I put my annual category 1-4 night certificate from my Hyatt Visa to good use by redeeming it for a future stay at the brand new Andaz Papagayo resort (a sweet-spot redemption). I also booked another night using Hyatt points, and I plan on booking my 3rd night when I receive my free-night certificate from the promotion I mentioned above. I really love Andaz properties. If you haven’t checked out the Andaz Maui at Wailea yet, definitely add it to your list.
- I registered for the SPG Earn Away promotion just in case of a sneak-attack SPG stay before July 31.
- I liquidated my stash of prepaid debit cards using Amazon Payments.
- I bought a $10 Starbucks card on Groupon for $5.
- I bought $5 e-giftcards to Dunkin’ Donuts using all of my synced American Express cards. The $5 statement credits will post in a few days. Free DD=happy me.
- I enrolled my new Ink Bold into Visa Savings Edge.
- I activated my free Boingo wifi subscription that’s a new perk of the American Express Business Platinum card.
- I order another American Airlines gift card using said Platinum card above.
- I referred-a-friend to the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express card (with the limited-time increased sign-up bonus of 30,000 points). If you want the card, send me an email and I’ll send a referral your way (by referring you, I will get 5,000 Starpoints with your approval).
- Continuing with credit cards, I told Dad to send a secure message to Chase to ask to be matched to the limited time $200 sign-up bonus offer on the Chase Freedom that he applied for just days before the offer increased. A few years ago, I was successfully matched to a higher offer on my Chase Freedom Visa (related post).
- I added someone special as an authorized user on my Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card so that I could bank another 5,000 points.
Lastly, I decided that it’s been a while since I gave away AwardWallet upgrade coupon codes, so here they are. As always, I ask that you comment as you claim one (don’t be greedy).
Invite-69887-ZPESC Invite-69887-CVWXH Invite-69887-XZVAC Invite-69887-VOFEV Invite-69887-GVIOB Invite-69887-QEUML Invite-69887-DYSSL Invite-69887-TCONV Invite-69887-TCSLV Invite-69887-DMKEP Invite-69887-PPDZU Invite-69887-OJQIW Invite-69887-KAIMR Invite-69887-BDKGI Invite-69887-OAIGB Invite-69887-ZZEAB Invite-69887-MGBRG Invite-69887-QQJRA Invite-69887-AZGUM
What have you done for points and miles today? Do you ever have days like I do when you cram everything in at once?