I’m sure most of you know by now that American Express takes the throne for some of the best social media card-syncing promotion. At the moment, AmEx has some enticing promotions available to those who sync their card to their Twitter accounts. Having two Amex cards myself, a Twitter account, and access to Kevin’s Twitter account, I decided to register some of these promotions. Here’s some that I plan on conquering:
- -NEW-Spend $20 at a Provincetown, MA merchant, get a $20 statement credit: (#AmexPTown) Receive a one-time $20 statement credit when you spend $20 or more on a single in-store purchase at accepting merchants in Provincetown, MA by August 18, 2012. Valid only with accepting merchants within the zip code 02657. A list of some Provincetown merchants can be found here (some even have online websites – do share which ones worked for you).
- Spend $25 at Shell, get a $5 statement credit back (#AmexShell) – let’s just face it – gas prices are skyrocketing any there’s very little we can do to avoid paying at the pump. This is a case where every little bit helps. Gas related, but not AmEx, related, you can also get money back on gas by enrolling your Visa in Citgo Good Rewards, where 8 $20 purchases will get you a $15 Citgo gift card. This is a great idea to enroll your Chase Freedom Visa, because this quarter is 5x Ultimate Rewards points for up to $1,500 spend at gas stations and restaurants.
- Spend $75 at TicketMaster, get a $25 statement credit (#AmexTM25) – a great way to save 33% on an upcoming concert/event ticket you’ve been eying (though I usually refrain from purchasing from TM because of their high service fees).
- Spend $20 at MovieTickets.com, get a $10 statement credit: Receive a one-time $10 statement credit on your next purchase of $20 or more at movietickets.com by 7/31/2012.
- Spend $150 in 3 places in Washington, DC, get a $30 statement credit: DC Freedom Promotion is valid between July 1 and July 31. Register your card here. A list of participating merchants can be found here.
- Spend $10 at a local Boston small business, get $10 back: (#AmexShopBos) Ends today – July 4. Anyone find a local business online for us out-of-towners to take advantage of?
- Spend $10 at a local Chicago small business, get $10 back: (#AmexShopChi) Ends today – July 4. I participated in this offer by ordering some e-giftcards from http://www.tasteofchicago.com. I plan on using my Lou Manalti’s gift cards in October for the Chicago seminars.
- Spend $10 at a local Philadelphia small business, get $10 back: (#AmexShopPhi) Ends today – July 4. I participated in this offer by ordering some trinkets from http://www.OmoiOnline.com.
For the official and complete list of current Twitter promotions provided by American Express, you may click here.
Feel free to share how you’ve participated in any (or all) or these promotions!