I’m finally grounded and home from a busy month of traveling. I have a confession to make – when I am away, it’s really hard for me to stay focused on what’s going on in the world of points and miles; I often find myself scrambling and sorting through days worth of “news” to scope out what I’ve missed.
Here’s what I’m catching up on this week:
- FTU DC Next Weekend: I’m really excited for next weekend’s Frequent Traveler University in the Washington DC area. From what I understand, it’s going to be packed with over 800 points and miles fanatics! I’m looking forward to meeting new faces and reconnecting with friends. Will you be there?
- Up to 5,000 Bonus Miles with Hilton Stays: Sign up to earn 1,000 bonus award miles for each stay of two nights or more, up to 5,000 bonus miles, at any hotel within the Hilton HHonors portfolio between April 4 and June 30, 2013.* Be sure to select United as your preferred Double Dip® Points & Miles™ Partner in your HHonors profile to qualify for this offer.
- Targeted United 50% Bonus PQM Promo: Mommy Points lets us know about this promo that some people have been fortunate enough to be targeted for. Although the terms aren’t the greatest, it doesn’t hurt to see if your MileagePlus account is eligible. Unfortunately nobody in my household was able to successfully register.
- Double Points on Amtrak Travel: I’m beginning to really love Amtrak. With all of the fare sales out of DC recently, I found myself taking Amtrak from Metropark to Washington Station a few times in the last few months, and it’s really been enjoyable. Though I obviously prefer flying than taking the train, points are points, and double points are a good thing. Through May 18, you can now earn double points on all Amtrak tickets with their “Double Days” promotion.
- 300 Free Priority Club Points: You can earn 300 free and easy points simply by taking a short 5-question quiz.
- Free Alitalia $100-$250 Coupon: Point Me to the Plane lets us know that you can get a free $100-$250 Alitalia coupon to be used on a future transatlantic flight booking just by completing a short form. Even if you don’t have an immediate Alitalia flight plans in the near future, it doesn’t hurt to have a coupon handy “just in case”.
- US Airways MasterCard Promo: You can earn 250 US Airways miles each time you book a flight using a MastCard through October 31. Travel must be completed by 12/31/13, and registration is required. Not much, but every bit counts!
- Up to $100 Off a Future JetBlue Flight: When you book a roundtrip JetBlue flight by April 30 for travel between April 16 and June 19, 2013, you could receive a promo code, good for up to $100 off another roundtrip flight booked by July 30, 2013 for travel September 3 through November 19, 2013. You must be a TrueBlue member and register for this offer. Don’t have a TrueBlue account yet? JetBlue is now offering a bonus of 7,500 TrueBlue Points for new members if you complete a round trip by June 19.
Are there any other great deals worth mentioning?