I hope everyone had a great weekend. My favorite part of the weekend was booking the $361 Seychelles to Abu Dhabi to Dublin mistake fare that happened yesterday (Sunday seems to be the pattern in mistake fares, it seems). Am I banking that the tickets will be honored? Not necessarily – but it would be a fun Thanksgiving trip!
Let’s catch up with what’s going on in the world of points and miles:
- Free Etihad Status Match: In relation to yesterday’s mistake fare, this status match might come in handy to those who got in on it. Etihad is offering a status match to gold in their elite program if you can send the supporting proof that you have gold status or higher in another program (you’ll need to scan your membership card and recent statements to qualify). Hurry, this is a limited offer that’s only available to the first 500 applicants. To qualify for the match, you’ll need to email the following documents/info to: email@example.com: scanned copy of the gold or higher tier card with the other airline, scanned copy of the miles statement with the other airline, Etihad Guest membership number. I joined Etihad Guest today and sent over my credentials for the match earlier. Let’s hope they didn’t cap out at 500 yet! (HT: Canadian Kilometers and Loyalty Lobby).
- Daily Getaways: Next week is the return of the Daily Getaways daily deals (from June 10-July 12). I’m not impressed with any of the deals that have been released so far to be honest, so I’ll be sitting this one out unless something stellar pops up in the future weeks. Take a look at the offers for the first two weeks and see if any work for you.
- Double Priority Club Points: Until July 31, 2013, you can earn Double Points or Double Miles on every qualifying Priority Club stay, starting on your second stay. Stays at Staybridge Suites or Candlewood Suites allow you to earn double on your first qualifying stay. Registration required.
- 1,000 Bonus United Miles at Select Marriott Properties: Between May 30 and August 30, you can earn 1,000 bonus United miles per stay (up to 10,000 miles total). Stays must be booked by July 15, and you’ll have to set your earnings preferences to miles. Considering that I have some Marriott stays lined up, this sounds like a great promotion. You can learn more about the promotion and register here. However, I wonder if this would interfere with the Marriott MegaBonus promotion that I’m also registered for (Stay 2 nights, get a free night certificate). If they are indeed stackable, life would be good. Thoughts anyone?
- Giving Away Two Free United Club Passes: Reader Tracy generously reached out to me and offered to pass along two United Club passes to a JAPT reader. The passes expire on June 30, 2013. To be considered for the prize, you must have a United flight lined up before June 30th. If you’re interested in this giveaway, please comment below stating your booked travel plans, and I’ll pick a lucky commenter at random by Wednesday, June 5 at noon ET.
Anything else worth mentioning?