American Express and ShopRite have an awesome promotion going on until October 12 whereby you can earn a $30 statement credit on purchases of $150 of more (yes, gift cards count!).
There are several ways to take advantage of this promotion, but first, you must register your American Express card here.
- If you live near and shop at a ShopRite grocery store, you can use your registered American Express card in store by purchasing at least $150 worth of groceries or gift cards (which is essentially is a 20% savings on food and groceries). You may also buy a ShopRite gift card online.
- Additionally, some ShopRite stores sell an assortment of gift cards from other retailers such as popular chain restaurants, gas stations, and entertainment. Those purchases count as well.
- You may also find Visa/MasterCard/AmEx gift cards at your local store, but keep in mind that there is a fee associated with buying these.
When I first found out about this promotion, I immediately registered all 3 of my American Express cards and headed straight to ShopRite for some gift card fun (and free $90!). Here’s how I made out:
- With my SPG Business AmEx, I went ahead and purchased a Shop Rite gift card for $150 because I do my grocery shopping there to begin with, and I viewed it as a 20% savings with the $30 statement credit in place.
- With my Blue Sky AmEx and Business Platinum AmEx, I made a combined purchase totaling $306.95 that consisted of a $200 Visa Gift Card ($6.95 activation fee applies), a $25 Groupon gift card as motivation to treat myself to a prenatal massage one of these days, along with $75 worth of gas gift cards. The cashier had no problem splitting the total between my two AmEx cards.
The statement credits all have posted within 2-4 days.
I hope everyone can take advantage of this great promotion – for those who already have, feel free share what you have purchased!