Only a few more days until 600-something frequent flyers get together for a weekend at the Chicago Seminars – always an exciting time of year that I look forward to!
- Speaking of the Chicago Seminars, if you are staying at the host hotel, Holiday Inn Elk Grove Village, be sure to check out the list of IHG bonus promotions that The Frugal Travel Lawyer put together. Even if you’re not attending the seminars with us this weekend, register for these anyway – a few minutes of your time can potentially score you 10s of thousands of IHG points during your next stay to use for future stays. Be sure also to filter through your junk mail and register for your version of IHG’s targeted “Big Win” promotion. My version of the promo will let me earn up to 77K+ points if I complete all of the challenges (doubtfully).
- Don’t forget to add the #AmexLowes Twitter offer to your synced American Express card for $10 back on a $50 purchase. I popped into Lowes today and bought $50 worth of gas cards and was immediately notified of my transaction. My statement credit will post in a few days. You can sync your card here if you haven’t done so yet. You can also add this offer to your card under the “My Offers” tab when logged into your American Express account.
- Speaking of AmEx and statement credits, Small Business Saturday returns again this year on November 30th, but sadly it’s not as lucrative as it was in the past. This time around you’ll be able to earn a $10 statement credit on each card (instead of $25 in the past, but hey – free money is free money). You will be able to register your American Express Cards at www.shopsmall.com starting at 12:00 A.M. MST (Mountain Standard Time) on 11/24/13 until 11:59 P.M. MST on 11/30/13, unless the registration limit is reached sooner.
- American Express and TripAdvisor have teamed up, and you can now earn a $5 statement credit for writing a review if you sync your American Express card to your TripAdvisor account. At first I wasn’t too thrilled that this promotion came about, because I felt it would lead to inauthentic reviews, but if you have a few minutes to publish an honest review, it might be worth it for the $5. Full promotion details can be found here (you can also see on this page that you can get $50 back when you spend $250 or more at AmexTravel.com).
- Deals We Like lets us know that Staples has joined Plink! Plink is a loyalty rewards website where you can earn points while making IN STORE or ONLINE purchases at various merchants using your synced credit card. You can then cash out your “Plink Points” for gift cards (1000 Plink Points = $10). If you don’t have an account, you can join now and receive 500 Plink Points (I’ll get 100 Plink points if you use my referral link).
- Last year I amped up my holiday spirit by participating in a great FlyerTalk-hosted Secret Santa opportunity (related post). For those who want to get in on the action for 2013, registration is now open – who’s in?
- Radisson is having a 3-Day Sale whereby you can save 25% when you book select Radisson hotels by 11:59 PM (CT) Friday, October 11, 2013 and stay on select dates through October 31, 2013. The promo code for this sale is LMD25OFF.
- Hilton’s More Nights, More Points promotion is now open for registration – double points on stays of 2 nights, triple points on stays of 3 nights, and quadruple points on stays of 4 nights from October 10, 2013 until January 31, 2014.
Any other promos and deals worth mentioning?