Aloha! I’m super jet-lagged – couldn’t get myself to sleep past 3:45 am this morning (8:45 am in my normal time zone). After a long haul flying in coach all day yesterday, we finally arrived in Maui for the start of our family vacation!
It looks like there’s so much going on in the points and miles world this week. Here’s what you need to know:
- JetBlue is having a 20%-off sale for today only for domestic travel December 3 – 18th and January 7 – February 12 using promo code COLDTURKEY. Speaking of JetBlue, their schedule was recently extended, and now travel can be booked as far out as September 2, 2014 (unrelated to the 20% off sale).
- Download the Expedia app and save $25 off of your first hotel booking of $100 or more with code MOBILE25 by December 31.
- The IHG 48-hour flash sale began this morning at 10 am, where participating properties are up to 75% off the points required for a rewards night. Lots of great options out there.
- Gogo in-flight internet is offering a free in-flight movie on participating flights with promo code FREESHOW (which seems to be valid for one-time use per device) through December 1.
- Some [positive?] changes to Hyatt’s loyalty program: 20% off the daily rate for elite members, cash + points options, Hyatt accounts valid for a longer time without activity. Head on over to MommyPoints for the scoop.
- Don’t forget that Marriott is giving away free beds to celebrate them turning 30 in November. To celebrate, they’re giving away 30 Marriott Bed packages to 30 lucky winners! You can enter once per day with your Facebook account from October 22 through November 20, 2013.
- Don’t forget to play week 4 of the Shangri-La game to potentially earn a free night or $100 food/spa credit.
- American Express launched a ton of great “sync” promotions last week. Here are some of my favorites:
Walmart.com: Spend $79+, get a $20 statement credit. Expires 12/21/2013 (Yes, gift cards worked).
Forever 21: Spend $25+, get a $5 statement credit. Expires 12/31/2013. Tweet: #AmexForever21
BP: Spend $25+, get a $5 statement credit. Expires 12/31/2013. (not a 1-time offer – can use multiple times!).
Rue La La: Spend $100+, get a $20 statement credit. Expires 12/31/2013.
Amtrak: Spend $150+, get a $30 statement credit. Expires 2/15/2014. Tweet: #AmexAmtrak
Ruby Tuesday: Spend $30+, get a $10 statement credit. Expires 12/31/2013. Tweet: #AmexRubyTuesday
JC Penny: Spend $50+ in-store or online, get a $10 statement credit. Expires 12/31/2013. Tweet: #AmexJCP
Zappos: Spend $150+, get a $30 statement credit. Expires 12/31/2013. Tweet: #AmexZappos
AMC Movie Theaters: Spend $20+, get a $5 statement credit. Expires 12/31/2013. Tweet: #AmexAMC
Maggiano’s: Spend $50+, get a $15 statement credit. Expires 12/30/2013.
Any other deals worth mentioning?