Apologies for the hiccup in posting – as many already know from Twitter, Baby Points Traveler decided to make his debut right on his Valentine’s Day due date (he was quite punctual – coming into the world at 12:06 am). Mr. Points Traveler and I both decided to take some time to adjust to life as a family of 3 and it’s been amazing (…ok and challenging too).
I’ve learned to give up my hopes and dreams of sleeping more than 4 hours in a row (on a good night), and that feeding time is the time to get things done (like retention calls). Never waste a minute!
Now that the copilot is finally napping, it’s time to dive right back into the wonderful world of points and miles. Here’s what’s been going on this week…
- Looks like one of my favorite hotel loyalty programs, Club Carlson, has jumped on the devaluation bandwagon (effective March 15, 2014), but luckily it’s not so bad. In short, they have added a 7th tier (70,000 points per night), there will be a decrease in elite status bonus points, and online booking bonuses will only be available on a promotional basis. On a positive note, award stays will count for stay credits. The Points Guy has a great summary of all of the changes that are going to be taking place. Despite the changes, this program still ranks extremely high on my list, primarily because of the “stay one, get one” benefit of the Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card (more about that here).
- You still have a few days to save up to $85 on a hotel booking with TravelPony.
- I’m hearing some of the $10 Seattle Marriott rates are not being honored (as a reference point, bookings made directly from Marriott are being cancelled). However, I booked my reservation through Orbitz and have not received notice of a cancellation. Anyone else with me?
- Check your junk mail (the real mail), Southwest sent me a code for a free in-flight movie.
- You can get 10% off Frontier flights using code PLAYBALL if you book before 2/26/14 for travel before June 12, 2014.
- Starwood announced their 2014 hotel category changes. Check out MommyPoints for the full list of the hotels moving up or down a category.
- Lastly, I’ve got a ton of free 6-month AwardWallet coupon codes to pass along. They are valid for one-time use only, so leave a comment below letting others know which one you’ve used. Enjoy!