Happy March! Too bad it still feels and looks like January outside. I can’t wait until some warm sunny days grace the northeast. Apologies for not posting as often – Baby Points Traveler has been a handful, and I’ve been operating on single digits of sleep for the entire week – someone please tell me this gets easier!
Anyway, it hasn’t been too much of an exciting week in miles and points… here’s what caught my eye:
- Some people are noticing a free $5 iTunes offer in their American Express “Offers For You Tab”. Unfortunately, I was not targeted for this on any of my AmEx cards.
- Uber is donating $1 per ride as part of their “Ride for the Cause” campaign through the end of March. You can designate a charity from the 6 that are participating to donate to by entering the appropriate promo code. This is a simple and easy way to pay it forward each time you take an Uber ride. Full details can be found here.
- In the points and miles credit card world, rumor has it that the lucrative Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card (offer now expired) will soon be disappearing. We’ve all seen this offer come and go several times over the last few months. I personally took the plunge and got approved for this exact same offer when it was live earlier last spring. While Southwest has not been my top preferred airline, I see myself gravitating towards them more and more, especially on domestic flight redemptions. I like the awesome flexibility of the points and free refunds/award redeposits. Plus, 50,000 points almost gets you half way to the extremely-valuable Southwest companion pass.
- Orbitz is running a promotion through June 30, 2014 where you can save $25 on a hotel booking when you use their mobile app. To qualify, you’ll have to book a hotel for 2 nights ($100 or more) and use promo code DOWNLOAD25. I’m not sure if this stacks with the $25 Orbitz Rewards sign-up bonus, but it’s worth a shot!
- Staples is expiring from Plink on March 11 – so sad. But beginning March 12, Office Depot will be joining Plink. (You can read more about the Staples/Plink relationship in this post).
- Don’t forget – tomorrow is the first Friday of the month, which means you can earn 3 points per dollar on dining purchases when you use your Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card!
- Lastly, I’ve got a ton of free 6-month AwardWallet coupon codes to pass along. They are valid for one-time use only, so leave a comment below letting others know which one you’ve used. Enjoy!