I’ve written about Hyatt Diamond status, the highest level of the Hyatt GoldPassport loyalty program, plenty of times, and it’s no secret that having top-tier status allows you to have a better traveling experience overall.
You might recall seeing my post about my stay at the new Andaz Maui at Wailea, and how my family and I enrolled in a Hyatt Diamond challenge to enjoy our stay to the fullest, and utilize some of the perks that come with having the status (including free breakfast, room upgrades, etc.).
You can achieve Hyatt Diamond status by completing 25 stays (or 50 nights) in a calendar year or simply by by requesting a status challenge.
In my previous post, I have already outlined the steps required to request and complete a status challenge. In summary, the Diamond trial that they offer for elites in competing programs currently grants complimentary Hyatt Diamond status for 60 days, with the option to extend it for a full year by completing a “12-nights within a 60 day period” challenge.
A recap of Hyatt Diamond benefits:
- Achieve rewards even faster with a 30% point bonus when choosing points
- Enjoy the best room available upon arrival, excluding suites
- Receive exclusive access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge featuring complimentary continental breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres2. Enjoy daily complimentary full breakfast in hotels without a club lounge
- Treat yourself to a suite upgrade at the time of reservation four times annually on eligible paid nights
- Receive a special welcome point bonus or food and beverage amenity during each stay
- Receive a nightly room refresh
- Receive the confirmed bed type at check-in
- Stay connected with complimentary in-room Internet access
- Expedite check-in at a dedicated area for elite members
- Ensure a room is always available with our 48-hour guarantee
- Extend your stay until 4:00 p.m. with a late check out request
- Book reservations through an exclusive Diamond line
The good news is this: a friend of mine just messaged me saying that she requested a Hyatt Diamond trial today, and her response said that if she were to complete the 12 nights within 60 days, she would have Hyatt Diamond Status until February 2016! That is almost 2-years of Diamond status!
Here’s How to Do It:
- You do need to prove you have existing status with a competing loyalty program. At the moment, here are the other competitor status levels they are currently accepting: Hilton Gold/Diamond, Marriott Gold/Platinum, Starwood Platinum, and IHG Platinum. If you don’t have any of those status levels, do know that you can receive free Hilton Gold Status for being a Citi Hilton Reserve cardholder. IHG Rewards Visa cardholders get IHG Platinum status with card membership.
- Next, send an email to email@example.com asking for a Diamond trial. In the email, be sure to include your GoldPassport number along with a screen shot proving your existing top-tier competitor status.
If you haven’t already done so, now is the time to request a Diamond trial. Let us know how you make out. Perhaps it’s time for Mr. Points Traveler to get his butt in gear and book us some nice Hyatt getaways… ;)