I love days like these. Cramming all of my points and miles “duties” into a single day seems to be the new norm for me (and I kinda like it!). Here’s how I caught up:
- I ordered my mom a birchbox subscription for herself since she keeps “borrowing” my samples when she visits. I even applied the JetBlue promo code “BBJETBLUE”, which gave her $10 credit to spend in the shop.
- I bought a new gym duffel bag from ebags.com through the Southwest shopping portal and earned 18x (today only). Even though my purchase was only $21, it still felt fancy to get that many points. For those with a bigger appetite for bags, be sure combine the 18x promo and the current AmEx sync promo. Tweet #AmexEbags to receive $20 back on $100 or more.
- I was let down by Tumi when they contacted me saying that the broken zipper on my backpack could not be replaced, even though the associate at the Tumi store was the one who confidently told me how “great” the Tumi warranty was. Instead, they told me I could trade in my backpack for $35. As a “Tumi-aholic”, I must say I am extremely disappointed with their customer service.
- I bought a 32″ Samsung TV from Dell (and it even comes with a $150 Dell egiftcard) for $265 all in, using the United shopping portal. That purchase should trigger the 1,000 bonus miles.
- I submitted my rebate forms from the staples $300 Visa gift card purchase promos last week.
- I received a few neat “pick pocket” tablet accessory pouches in the mail today from a generous reader. Now I’ll never lose my earbuds again. I’ll keep one for myself and I’ll give the other two away. Send me a tweet with #JAPTPickPocket and I’ll pick two winners randomly on Friday morning.
- I finally found a way home from Seattle in August. I decided to bite the bullet and pay $250 for SEA-PHX-EWR on AA (good thing I had a $100 gift card to ease the blow). I was hoping that award space would open up, but the calendar on UA.com (and every other airline) is looking white as a ghost.
- I’m still blinded by the $30 Uber referral link posts all over the place.
- I activated my Q3 bonus categories on my Chase Freedom (Kohls and gas stations). I still need to top off Q2 spend (restaurants and Lowes) before June 30.