It’s been a slow blogging month for me, and today’s the day that I am allowing myself to catch up. Here’s what I’ve been up to:
- I got invited to try the new United MileagePlusX app to earn more miles at actual store locations. This might be a nice way to earn a few unexpected miles.
- Follow @clubcarlson on Instagram and post a picture of your favorite souvenir from your travels with #ClubCarlsonInstaSweeps for a chance to win 30,000 Goldpoints.
- The Chase United VIP lounge at the Short Hills mall (and in San Francisco) is now open. I visited last year on Black Friday & I am happy it is back. I am most-excited about Toys for Tots Tuesdays – where you can earn 2 United Club passes when bring two unwrapped and new toys with you to donate.
- I bought $10 gift cards with each of my American Express cards loaded with the #AmexStarbucks offer ($5 back on $10 or more). 50% off Starbucks is always a nice deal, especially since you can now use Starbucks gift cards at Teavana.
- I am about to head to Best Buy later to score some “free money” the same way with the #AmexBestBuy offer.
- So glad I am done with United in 2015. Devaluation after devaluation, I am honored to say I will be downgrading from 1K to a measly Silver.
- None of the new IHG PointBreak locations (November 24-Feb 28, 2015) excite me.
- The first quarter of 2015 will see Chase Freedom welcome back the grocery store 5 percent cash back category (not including Walmart® and Target® purchases), Starbucks, & Movie Theaters. I am most excited about the grocery store category!
- Speaking of credit cards, annual fees recently hit for my United Mileage Plus Explorer card, my Chase Sapphire Preferred, and my US Airways MasterCard. I decided to downgrade my Explorer to the no-fee version of the card, I paid the fee on the CSP because I genuinely enjoy the card and use it frequently, and I was able to get my annual fee for the US Airways MasterCard waived for the 3rd year in a row.
- Small Business Saturday is this Saturday. If you haven’t done so already, go ahead and register your cards.
- US Airways Dividend Dining Program is offering new members 2,000 miles after your first dine of $30 or more.
- Lastly, here are some 6-month AwardWallet upgrade coupons. Please do not be greedy, and do comment below when you use one.