You probably noticed a hiccup in posting, but I promise it was for a good reason! On Sunday April 12, we welcomed baby Lucia into the world. All of us are doing great as a family of 4.
I finally have some time to catch up on a week’s worth of points and miles news. Here’s what’s going on:
- I was SO tempted to book this amazing business class fare deal from NY to Paris this summer for $1,000 round trip, but the deal died before my eyes. Now only if I could think of ways to make use of my new $16 AARP membership…
- Some people are seeing an AmEx offer on their account for $20 off a $20 purchase on Amazon. I am not one of those lucky ones, but check to see if you are.
- Starting Sunday, you can receive a $20 rebate when you purchase $300 or more in Visa or MasterCard gift cards at Staples. These promotions are one of my favorite ways to earn 1,000 points a pop and even get a few $$$ back for myself.
- Last week, I blogged about Uber’s Night Out on the Town giveaway (I didn’t win, tear). Now it looks like they are giving away free credits for the Reserve App, Care.com, and Movie Pass to everyone.
- Starwood introduces a whole new hotel brand, Tribute Portfolio. So far only one property is open, in South Beach, and they’re offering a bonus of 2,000 points per stay. While the points themselves don’t justify paying for a night, I am possibly looking into booking a stay there next month just to check it out.
- Another hotel devaluation creeps up upon us… this time it’s IHG (and they’re being shady).
- On the page of devaluations, Southwest announced a new award pricing model, based on where you’re going and other factors (hint: awards are getting more expensive).
- On Monday April 20, registration opens up for a new IHG promotion called the “Share Forever Promo“. So far they’ve announced that guests could receive 500 bonus points per stay. I hope there’s more in it for us, because 500 points is equivalent to pocket change, and I’ve already received a birthday offer for 10x that amount. I guess we will have to wait a few days to find out the scoop.
- I’ve got some free AwardWallet upgrade codes to pass along. They are valid for one-time use only, so leave a comment below letting others know which one you’ve used (don’t be greedy). Enjoy!