It’s not often that I blog about online travel agencies and 3rd party booking sites because as a points lover, I naturally like to book directly with the hotel to ensure I receive points for my stays and status recognition (hence why I sometimes even pursue best rate guarantee claims).
Every once in a while I’ll come across a 3rd party hotel site that is intriguing and can offer substantial savings. For instance, I’ve written about TravelPony when they had extreme promo stacking and HotelTonight, an app that I love for last-minute stays. I still use both often when the price is right and/or there is a money-savings promo code available.
I recently learned about a new hotel booking site, Club1Hotels, which offers lower rates (they pass on wholesale booking rates to members, similar to the “Costco approach) than other booking website out there , including the big guys like HotelsCombined, Priceline and Expedia.
Club1Hotels and I have partnered up to not only offer a cool giveaway, but they’re also offering a free 1-year membership, which is currently selling for $675, to their discounted hotel rooms without a catch (nope, not even a credit card is required).To sum it up nicely:
- I have a $250 hotel credit to give away to one lucky reader to spend on a reservation made at any hotel or property available on Club1Hotels.
- They’ve created a page where readers can register for a free 1-year Beta membership.
Of course like you, I’m motivated by a good deal, so I signed myself up for the free 1-year membership, and spent some time looking around and comparing rates.With beach and sunshine always on my mind, I went right for Miami, and plugged in Oct 19-20.
It is important to keep in mind that bookings made on OTA generally do not count towards stay credits or promotions. However elite benefits should still be honored if you have status at Hyatt and Marriott properties, meaning lounge access, welcome amenity, etc. Of course YMMV across the board.
I unfortunately learned the hard way that Hilton did not recognize my Diamond status on a recent booking in Bucharest — but I paid $17 out of pocket for the room after promo codes, so it was worth fortifying my benefits for a night. In cases with extreme cost savings, sometimes it makes sense to miss out on credit/benefits, but that’s up to you to decide. For instance, I personally would not fortify breakfast at a high end Hilton property for a ~$5-10 savings.
So now you’re probably wondering how you can enter to win the $250 in hotel cash…
Entering is easy.
- Register for your free membership, which only takes a minute. It’s totally free and you don’t need a credit card on file.
- Find a hotel on Club1Hotels that you’d like to use your $250 credit on if you’re the winner & comment on this post with your answer. For example: “I’d love to visit the Park Hyatt New York!”
- A winner will be selected by me from registered users who list their hotel in the comments below on Monday, October 10 at 8 am ET.
I like to jump on whatever free memberships come my way because it’s always good to have options, right?