It’s always smart to register for quarterly hotel promotions, regardless of what your immediate travel plans may be because you should never let easy points fly under the radar.
Even though I don’t have any Marriott stays lined up this fall, One of my favorite MegaBonus promotions is back and it’s available for all members.
Marriott Rewards Free Night MegaBonus:
Register now through November 30 and stay twice at any Marriott property worldwide between September 12 and January 15, 2018 to earn a free night certificate valid at any category 1-5 property. They’ll also be opportunities to unlock more offers. See the Official Rules for more details at MarriottRewards.com/FreeNightMegaBonus.
Overall I think this is a very generous Fall promotion. There are plenty of fantastic Category 5 properties in the Marriott portfolio and I recently spent a few nights at the Marriott Sukhumvit in Bangkok (home of Octave Bar, which is the only rooftop bar in Bangkok featuring 360 degree views) using a category 1-5 free night certificate.
SPG Explore More Promotion:
Register now through November 30, 2017 to earn bonus points at participating SPG® hotels between September 12, 2017, and January 15, 2018:
- 1,000 bonus Starpoints® per stay at St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Le Méridien®, Westin®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™ and Design Hotels™
- 500 bonus Starpoints per stay at Aloft®, ElementSM and Four Points®
- 10,000 bonus Starpoints when you stay 25 or more nights
While the Explore More Starwood promotion is nothing to write home about in my opinion, I’d never turn a way to earn bonus points!
Also keep in mind that the Starwood fall promotion is in addition to the targeted Starwood promotion that is available to some member accounts:
This targeted promotion is open for registration until September 30 for stays until October 31, 2017. You can check to see if you’re targeted here by entering your Starwood number, and there are three versions of the offer available:
- First stay get 2,500 points, second stay get 5,000 points (limit of 7,500 points)
- First stay get 1,500 points, second stay get 2,500 points (limit of 4,000 points)
- Earn 4,000 bonus Starpoints® after second (2nd) eligible paid stay, 4,000 bonus Starpoints after the fourth (4th) eligible paid stay, and 4,000 bonus Starpoints after the sixth (6th) eligible paid stay
If you have Starwood plans in the future, and can make these two promotions overlap, it can certainly be rewarding!
What are your thoughts about the new Marriott and Starwood promotions?