I have several hotel credit cards that I absolutely don’t mind paying the annual fee each year, and the Chase Marriott Rewards Visa is one of them. For an annual fee of $85 a night, I get a category 1-5 free night certificate each year, and there are several Marriott category 5 properties that sell for up to $500 a night (JW Marriott Phu Quoc, I’m coming for you). It’s a no-brainer to keep the card in my wallet year after year.
While I don’t really put any regular everyday spend on the card, it looks like I might be doing so now! I’m really excited that Chase announced Chase Offers, a great new benefit today that’s specifically limited to the Marriott Rewards Visa at the moment (but I bet it’s only a matter of time before it’s offered to many other Chase cards, too).
Chase is realizing how American Express encouraged card usage and won people over with AmEx offers, and is finally stepping up to the plate to offer their own version.
The Chase Offers benefit appears to work similarly to AmEx Offers. You’ll simply need to activate the offer, complete the spend, and you’ll receive a statement credit for the value of the offer soon after.
If you have a Marriott Rewards Visa, you’ll have to first enroll (which only took a minute) and verify your email/card number before you’re able to access and activate the Chase Offers.
Some of the current offers include:
- Whole Foods Market $10 back on your next purchase of $25 or more
- Dunkin Donuts 10% back (up to $10) on your next purchase
- Lowe’s $10 back on your next in-store purchase of $50 or more
- Staples 10% back (up to $20) on your next purchase
- Nordstrom 20% back (up to $30) on your next purchase
- Neiman Marcus 10% back (up to $30) on your next purchase
- Regal Cinemas 10% back (up to $50) on your next purchase
- Ebags $20 back on your next purchase of $100 or more
- Many restaurant offers including WingStop, Arby’s, Texas Roadside, Papa John’s, Chili’s and Olive Garden
Overall, I think this a huge stepping stone for Chase and it instantaneously increased the value of the Marriott Rewards Visa so much. I will absolutely take advantage of at least 1/2 of the offers listed above organically between my regular spend and holiday shopping. I can’t wait to see other eligible Chase cards join the Chase Offers line up!
What are your thoughts? Does this announcement enhance your opinion of the Chase Marriott Rewards Visa?