The MegaDo trips have become somewhat of a yearly tradition, attracting many new faces and bringing together lasting friendships made in the sky from previous charters. It’s an AvGeek’s paradise, and I can safely say that each MegaDo leaves you desperately craving the next.
For those readers who still have no idea what a MegaDo is, it’s the ultimate travel junkie’s field trip where about 200 other frequent flyer fanatics come together for an exciting aviation event involving a chartered plane, multi-city stops, and participation in some pretty awesome behind-the-scenes programs put together by the the hotel and airline programs you know and love.
I joined my first Star Alliance MegaDo trip in 2012 and haven’t stopped! You can read a bit about last year’s highlights, and one of my favorite MegaDo experiences to date – a visit to the Do&Co catering HQ in Vienna.
Prices start at $999 for an economy seat on the charter, and all MegaDo participants are VIPs with access to all scheduled events and receptions. The exact price of your ticket depends on your class of service on the charter flight.
- Optional pre-event program in Seattle hosted by Boeing and Delta
- Program in Amsterdam includes a party at the W Hotel, a behind-the-scenes visit to the Flying Blue/ KLM headquarters, a private party in a hanger, and lots more.
- The charter, an Air Europa 737-800, will first stop in Prague for a visit to Czech Airlines and a VIP visit to the Sky Kitchen.
- Flight then goes onwards to Mallorca for a VIP dinner and behind the scenes action with the owner of Air Europa.
- The charter continues to Barcelona where the flight concludes with a champagne toast on the tarmac.
- Meet the new Marriott Rewards, its management, and spend a day with them in Barcelona
- An awesome introduction to SUMA, Air Europa’s new frequent flyer program. A special campaign just for MegaDo attendees — and SkyTeam Elite Plus status for all participants!
If you’re looking for a unique way to connect with other aviation geeks and the programs you love, the MegaDo is trip to consider.
Will you be going?