As you may know, Exhale joined the Hyatt portfolio last year as a wellbeing brand that addresses mind and body through spa and fitness classes.
Starting today, October 4, 2018, World of Hyatt members can now earn and redeem points for fitness classes and spa therapies, and enjoy additional elite-tier-level benefits at participating Exhale locations in key markets. Furthermore, frequent travelers can fight off jetlag and restore their mind and body with offerings like a specially curated spa and fitness package, “Destination: Wellbeing”, at participating Exhale locations.
The “Destination: Wellbeing” package ($160 at participating Exhale locations in NYC, and $150 USD elsewhere) is a specially curated offer at participating Exhale locations which includes a HIIT 30 fitness class and 60-minute massage, giving guests and members the opportunity to earn points and experience a unique regimen that helps transform both mind and body during and after travel.
Full Details of Member Benefits
First, in order to enjoy these earning, redemption and elite tier benefits, World of Hyatt members must connect their World of Hyatt account to their Exhale account.
World of Hyatt members can take advantage of the following earning and redemption opportunities and enjoy these elite-tier-level benefits at participating Exhale locations:
- World of Hyatt members earn 10 Base Points per eligible dollar spent at participating Exhale locations
- World of Hyatt Credit Card Members will earn four (4) Bonus Points per eligible dollar spent on their card at participating Exhale locations
- Hyatt Credit Cardmembers will earn three (3) Bonus Points per eligible dollar spent on their card at participating Exhale locations
- World of Hyatt members will receive their standard tier Bonus Points on eligible spend (10% Discoverist, 20% Explorist, 30% Globalist)
- World of Hyatt members can redeem points for individual fitness classes or select spa therapies
- Members can redeem 2,000 World of Hyatt points for fitness classes
- Members can redeem 12,000 World of Hyatt points for a 60 minute massage or a 60 minute facial
- World of Hyatt members have access to a number of benefits by tier, including:
- Globalists: Free access to individual Exhale classes when staying at Hyatt hotels on an Eligible Rate or Free Night Award, Room Upgrade Award, or a Points + Cash Award plus (1) free Week of Wellbeing (unlimited fitness classes and retail/spa discounts at a participating Exhale location)
- Explorists: One (1) free Week of Wellbeing (unlimited fitness classes and retail/spa discounts at a participating Exhale location)
Having the option to use your points other ways to enhance your stay is always nice, but let’s take a deeper look. Using the pricing at Exhale in South Beach, a single fitness class at is $28, so redeeming 2,000 Hyatt points for a class can be a great value if you’d normally pay for a single class during your stay (however there are often promotions where you can take two classes for the price of one, etc.).
Furthermore, a deep tissue massage and facial cost $155 a piece. In my opinion, redeeming 12,000 Hyatt points for either of those services is not a good redemption, as I tend to value each Hyatt point at 2 cents, or more, in some cases.
If you currently have a membership at an Exhale location, your spend there just got more rewarding, especially as a World of Hyatt Credit Card member, where you can earn 14X points per dollar on spend. A one month unlimited membership is $215 at Exhale in South Beach. If that’s already a regular part of your life, you’d generate 3010 World of Hyatt points each month (~$60!), before any elite bonus points are calculated based on your status.
Overall, I think this partnership is extremely generous. I am particularly excited about this partnership, and it arrived just in time! I have an upcoming Hyatt stay in Boston this weekend, and I am looking forward to the opportunity to take a class at a nearby Exhale location. I look forward to sharing my experience, as I personally love taking barre and yoga classes at Exhale locations to begin with.
Although there isn’t an Exhale spa in the proximity of where I live, I certainly will take advantage of the reciprocal benefits when I travel. For instance, there is an Exhale right across the street from the now-category 4 Hyatt Centric South Beach that I visit often.
What are your thoughts about this partnership?