This morning, Airbnb unveiled their latest expansion of Airbnb Experiences – Airbnb Adventures, which opens the door for travelers to truly immerse themselves into 200 of the most unique and transformational “bucket-list worthy” travel and cultural multi-day expeditions you could think of.
Travelers can now enjoy a six day Galapagos Slow Food Safari, experience the wonders of Oman or camp on a cliff in Colorado, tracking lions on foot with Sabache Warriors in Kenya, or even hunting for UFOs with Nate in Arizona just by booking and showing up.
Airbnb Adventures consist of intimate group trips to off-the-beaten path locations ranging from 2 to 10 days, and start at just $79 (and up to $5000 for a 10-day trek)—with lodging, meals, and activities included (expert local hosts handle the details). So all you have to do is show up, really!
Moving away from the travel side of things, above all, I find Airbnb Adventures to be a nice way for people take a leap of faith, escape their day-to-day lives, put their screens and devices away, and truly connect in an authentic and curious way, even if means pushing themselves out of their comfort zones.
- 200+ available globally at launch, with many more to be added before the end of the year
- All Adventures are in small groups with a maximum capacity of 12 guests or less
- Median price of an Adventure is $588 for a three-day trip
- Hosts offer Adventures under a range of budgets from $79 for an overnight trip up to $5000 for once-in-a-lifetime 10-day treks*
- Adventures covers a wide breadth of activity ranging from active to foodie, farming to camping, music to animals – always with a strong element of local community
*Hosts are the providers of Adventures: they arrange their own Adventure, control when and where they host, the itinerary, where they stay, what services they offer, and what they charge. Flights not included.
Airbnb Adventures at a Glance:
- Tracking Lions on Foot with Warriors
- Explore Deep into the Amazon Jungle
- Cowboy Life in the American Wild West
- Dana to Petra Trek
- Paranormal Tour of the U.S. Southwest
- Camp on a Cliff in Colorado
- Seaweed and Seafood Safari in Sweden
- Musical camping in the Cali desert
- 7 Days Accessible Experience Rapa Nui
- Silent Forest
- Farm stay in Indiana Amish Country
- Olympia National Park: Seek Sasquatch
- Experience the Natural Wonders of Oman
I’m particularly excited about this new Airbnb opportunity and I will certainly book an Airbnb Adventure as a unique family getaway (many of these are family-friendly, such as the Farm Stay in Indiana Amish Country), so I’m certainly excited to continue to have opportunities to expose my young children to unique cultural and travel experiences.
It’s amazing to see how much Airbnb has evolved over the past decade from being just a platform for people to open up their homes to offering truly impressionable experiences and adventures around the world that include lodging, meals, and activities.
What are your thoughts about Airbnb Adventures? Is there one you’d book?