The new IHG PointsBreaks list is now live for new reservations between October 28 and January 31, 2020.
If you’re not already familiar, IHG Rewards Club members are able to redeem Reward Nights at a discounted price at select IHG hotels around the world for 5,000 – 15,000 points per night as part of the quarterly IHG Rewards Club PointBreaks promotion. More than 150+ properties are available this time around.
Some Â properties on the list that piqued my interest include:
- InterContinental Cartagena de Indias
- Holiday Inn Orlando â€“ International Dr S
- Crowne Plaza PanamaÂ
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley-American Canyon
- Kimpton Overland Hotel Atlanta Airport
- EVEN Hotel Miami – Airport
- InterContinental Nairobi
- Crowne Plaza Auckland
- Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach-Sydney
Things to keep in mind:
- Each member can make two bookings per participating PointsBreak hotel, you can book at as many different PointsBreaks hotels as you please, based on availability.
- IHG Rewards points bookings do not incur taxes, so these savings are better than paying a cash rate.
- If you have the newer IHG Rewards Club Premier credit card, you can take advantage of the 4th night free benefit for award stays. Additionally, if you have the older IHG Rewards Club Select credit card with the$49 annual fee (no longer available for new applicants), you can get 10% back on award stays. Both cardmember benefits are stackable with PointBreaks redemptions.
If you have a redemption in mind, book it as soon as possible since the popular hotels will sell out quickly at the PointsBreaks rate. PointBreaks are a great value since IHG often sells points at 1/2 cent each, making these redemptions effectively “costing” $25, $50, and $75 per night, respectively.
Which PointBreaks hotels do you plan on booking this winter?