In light of the impending award chart changes happening in just a few weeks, this morning, Hyatt announced two promotions to earn more points with each stay. With the “Bonus Journeys” promotion, all World of Hyatt members can register (by March 31) to earn Double Points (starting in second stay) on eligible spend at over 1,000 participating locations worldwide from February 15 to May 15, 2020.
All members can earn Double Points on eligible spend at:
- More than 875 Hyatt hotels across 17 brands such as Thompson Hotels, Hyatt Regency, Andaz and Grand Hyatt.
- 10+ participating MGM Resorts destinations including Bellagio®, Aria® and more.
- More than 300 participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World hotels in markets like Croatia, Turks & Caicos and Denmark.
- Over 300 Lindblad Expedition experiences to Antarctica, the Galapagos and beyond.
Additionally, Hyatt’s generous promotion last year returns, but with some restrictions this time around. World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers and Hyatt Credit Cardmembers can earn an additional 1,500 Bonus Points for each qualifying stay that includes a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night, starting with the second stay.
The 1,500 bonus points per stay are on top of the 5x base points you’d already earn on Hyatt stays (10x with Double Points) with the just for being a World of Hyatt member and 4x points you’d earn when you use the World of Hyatt Credit Card, so the earnings potential is generous even before the elite status bonus is taken into account.
Furthermore, other combinable active promotions include:
- New Hotel 500 Bonus Point Offer
- Bonus Points and AAdvantage Miles on qualifying spend for elite members who link their World of Hyatt and American Airlines AAdvantage accounts.
Last year’s version of the 1,500 point per stay promotion was open to all World of Hyatt members for stays on any day and regardless of being a Hyatt credit card member, so there are some restrictions this time around. Regardless, I still consider this to be a very generous promotion as I value 1,500 Hyatt points at around $30 and the double points is a nice bonus.
Hyatt free nights start at just 5,000 points per night, and even 1-night award stays on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday will trigger the 1,500 points, effectively making a Category 1 property just 3,500 points per night.