I’m entering the first year of my “late twenties” next week, and gifts are already starting to flood in from the people I tend to spend the most time with – loyalty programs, of course. Aside from my annual free Sephora VIB beauty gift and my free Victoria’s Secret birthday coupons that I look forward to receiving each year, I’m noticing that many travel programs are also offering a small birthday token.
Here’s the line up so far:
- JetBlue: If you are signed up for TrueBlue Badges and fly JetBlue during your birthday month, you’ll unwrap 500 points by earning your birthday badge.
- Hertz: Happy birthday from Hertz! In honor of your special day, we’re giving you 250 Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® bonus points on your next rental before 04/30/2014.
- Kimpton: Enjoy 20% off our daily rate. Stay with us Thurs – Sun during your birthday month, enjoy 2 glasses of bubbly + dessert, and a special surprise gift from us.
- IHG: Earn 5,000 extra bonus points after your next weekend stay within the next 90 days.
- Southwest: 500 bonus points and a 20% discount redemption code.
Out of the 5 gifts I received, I am most excited about the 20% discount redemption code from Southwest (especially after the 15% devaluation, I’ll still make out ahead of the old rates).
What gifts have you received from airline and hotel loyalty programs in the past? Any super cool surprises?